Travel lover always search for long weekends to live their dreams and plan for a mini vacation. The long weekend holiday gives them the opportunity to explore adventure via trips.
Now we have entered in 2020 after amazing Christmas and New Year celebrations. The calendar for long weekends 2020 is finally out. This year is more generous with a total of 17 potentially long weekends. 2020 could officially be the year of amazing travel experience and we would like to let you know all about it. You could plan to visit many places in India as per the list of long weekend holidays in each month. We believe tourism can cultivate a sense of inner peace and joy. We always need to think about the environment during travelling and simple gestures like not leaving behind the litter can make ecologically sensitive region clean.
Our monthly list of the long weekend in 2020, will surely make you crazy. In the month of April, if you take a day off then you can enjoy the vacation for 5 days. In the month of August, if you take two days off then you can enjoy the holidays for 5 days and November has four days of rest without the need to apply for leave. Sounds amazing yeah!!
Table of Contents
Complete List of Long Weekends in India
Long Weekends in January 2020
January 1, 2020 (New Year) falls on Wednesday, while January 2, 2020 is Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti (optional holiday), Take off on Friday, 3 January 2020 and club Weekend is definitely a Long holiday to plan a mini trip and enjoy New Year celebration.
- Wednesday, 1 January 2020 – New Year
- Thursday, 2 January 2020 – Guru Gobind Singh Jayanti (optional holiday)
- Friday, 3 January 2020 – Take the day off
- Saturday, 4 January 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 5 January 2020 – Weekend
Where to go in January Long Holiday in India?
- Goa – Experience the perfect weather
- Rajasthan – Comfortably cold and nice during January
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands – Good temperature and perfect weather, Enjoy scuba-diving
- Kutch Gujarat – White Desert
- Karnataka – Spotting leopards and panthers
- Ooty, Tamil Nadu – Pleasant Weather
- Auli, Uttarakhand – Enjoy Skiing trip
Long weekends in February 2020
On Friday, 21 February 2020 is Maha Shivratri, an optional/scheduled holiday in some organisation followed by weekend Saturday and Sunday. Take off on Monday and enjoy a long weekend trip to some nice places in India.
- Friday, 21 February 2020 – Maha Shivratri (optional holiday/scheduled holiday)
- Saturday, 22 February 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 23 February 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 24 February – Take the day off
Where to go in February Long Holiday in India?
- Goa – Enjoy Goa Carnival (22 to 25 February 2020)
- Gulmarg – Snowboarding (Adventure Sports)
- McLeodganj or Ladakh – Celebrate Tibetan New Year (24 to 26 February 2020)
Long weekends in March 2020
Holi falls on 10 March 2020 (Holiday in India, All State) that falls on a Tuesday. Take off on Monday, 11 March 2020 and combine with the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) to enjoy Long weekend holidays in March.
- Saturday, 7 March 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 8 March 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 9 March 2020 – Take the day off
- Tuesday, 10 March 2020 – Holi
Where to go in March Long Holiday in India?
- Vrindavan – Enjoy Mathura for Holi – one of the best Holi celebrations of India.
- Ranthambore National Park – Spotting Tigers and Wildlife
- Shillong – Enjoy shopping at Lewduh or Bara Bazar and Pleasant Weather
- Mount Abu – Best time to visit before the summer kicks in.
- Ooty – Enjoy beautiful picturesque views
- Sikkim – Peaceful getaway
- Hampi – World Heritage site for its ruins and landscapes.
Long weekends in April 2020
In the month of Aprils, you have 2 long weekends so plan your holiday accordingly.
Long weekend trip plan 1:
Ram Navami is on 2 April 2020 that falls on Thursday, Take off on Friday, 3 April 2020 followed by the weekend (Saturday, 4 April 2020 and Sunday 5 April 2020). 6 April 2020 is Mahavir Jayanti an optional holiday. Enjoy and plan for five days long holiday with your family or friends.
- Thursday, 2 April 2020 – Ram Navami (Optional Holiday)
- Friday, 3 April 2020 – Take the day off
- Saturday, 4 April 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 5 April 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 6 April 2020 – Mahavir Jayanti (Optional Holiday)
Long weekend trip plan 2:
Good Friday is observed in the month of April and it is Friday, 10 April 2020 and combine with Saturday and Sunday to plan short weekend travel trip.
- Friday, 10 April 2020 – Good Friday
- Saturday, 11 April 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 12 April 2020 – Weekend
Where to go in April Long Holiday in India?
- Auli – Hill destinations and cold Weather, Experience the beauty of springtime
- Sikkim – Hill destinations, beautiful weather
- Darjeeling- Watch Tea plantations, Hill destinations, Watching the sunrise
- Dalhousie – Snow-clad mountains
- Kalimpong – River-Rafting
- Maldives – Scuba diving
- Thailand – Songkran (water fight; 13 April to 15 April)
Long weekends in May 2020
You will be amazed to hear that in the month of May, you will be able to plan for 3 short and long travel trips.
Long weekend Travel Plan 1:
Labour Day is on Friday, 1 May 2020 which is an optional holiday. You can combine Weekend Saturday, 2 May 2020 and Sunday, 3 May 2020 and take the Monday, 4 May 2020 off to make it a great weekend travel trip.
- Friday, 1 May 2020 – Labour Day/Maharashtra Day (Optional Holiday)
- Saturday, 2 May 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 3 May 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 3 May 2020 – Take Off
Long weekend Travel Plan 2:
Again, on Thursday, May 7, 2020 is Buddha Purnima an optional holiday. Take off on Friday followed with weekend Saturday and Sunday to plan for an amazing trips.
- Thursday, 7 May 2020 – Buddha Purnima (Optional Holiday)
- Friday, 8 May 2020 – Take the day off
- Saturday, 9 May 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 10 May 2020 – Weekend
Long weekend Travel Plan 3:
Eid-ul-Fitr falls on May 25 is which is on Monday. So plan starts by taking off on Friday, 22 May 2020 combined with Saturday and Sunday to plan a good long holiday trip and explore new places.
- Friday, 22 May 2020 – Take Off
- Saturday, 23 May 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 24 May 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 25 May 2020 – Eid-ul-Fitr (Holiday)
Where to go in May Long Holiday in India?
- Himachal Pradesh – Experience the beauty of hills in the lap of the Himalayas.
- Spiti Valley – For Mountainscapes
- Bir-Billing – Paragliding
- Kerala – Backwaters, Amazing Weather
- Nagaland – Enjoy cool weather
- Tadoba Andhari National Park – Spotting Tiger
- Ooty – Watch flower show
Long weekends in August 2020
After working continuously in June and July, It time to relax and plan for a travel trip. In the month of August, you can plan three times for a long holiday weekend.
Long weekend holiday Plan 1:
Raksha Bandhan or Rakhi Purnima holiday falls on Monday, 3 August 2020. Plan a holiday trip for 3 days in combination with the weekend, Saturday and Sunday with your siblings and family.
- Saturday, 1 August 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 2 August 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 3 August 2020 – Rakshabandhan (Holiday)
Long Weekend Holiday Plan 2:
Are you ready to plan for six days travel trip?
Janmashtami will be celebrated on Wednesday, 12 August 2020 a confirm holiday in India. Take off on Thursday and Friday. Combine with Independence Day on Saturday, 15 August 2020, a gazetted holiday also falling on the weekend. Parsi New Year falls on Monday 16 August an optional holiday. Six days combined long weekend holiday travel pack to plan a great trip.
- Wednesday, 12 August 2020 – Janmashtami (Holiday)
- Thursday, 13 August 2020 – Take the day off
- Friday, 14 August 2020 – Take the day off
- Saturday, 15 August 2020 – Independence Day (gazetted holiday)/Weekend
- Sunday,16 August 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 17 August 2020 – Parsi New Year(optional Holiday)
Long weekend holiday Plan 3:
Onam falls on Monday, August 31, this would be an optional holiday in some states of India. Combine with Weekend to enjoy Onam celebration.
- Saturday, 29 August 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 30 August 2020 – Muharram (optional Holiday)/Weekend
- Monday, 31 August 2020 – Onam (State holiday)
Where to go in August Long Holiday in India?
- Kerala – Onam (31 August 2020)
- Mawsynram – Enjoy the beauty of monsoon
- Goa – Off-Season to relax and enjoy the rainy season.
- Uttarakhand – Experience the beauty of the Valley of Flowers
- Cherapunjee – Enjoy the beauty of monsoon
- Lahaul – Yak Safari
- Mussoorie – waterfalls
- Pondicherry – Enjoy coffee and see beautiful coffee plantations
- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam – See limestone islands and rainforests
Long weekends in October 2020
In the month of October, you have 2 long weekend holiday plans for your trip accordingly.
Long weekends Trip Plan 1
October 2 falls on Friday is a Gandhi Jayanti, a National Holiday in India. Combine with weekend Saturday and Sunday to plan a travel trip for short weekend.
- Friday, 2 October 2020 – Gandhi Jayanti (National Holiday)
- Saturday, 3 October 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 4 October 2020 – Weekend
Long weekends Trip Plan 2
Id-e-milad turns out to be on Thursday, 29 October 2020. You need to take a day off on Friday, 30 October and combine the two days off with weekend to enjoy and plan for 4 days long weekend in India.
- Thursday, 29 October 2020 – Id-e-milad (Holiday)
- Friday, 30 October 2020 – Take the day off
- Saturday, 31 October 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 1 November 2020 – Weekend
Where to go in October Long Holiday in India?
- Rishikesh – River rafting
- Mysore – Dussehra Celebration
- Pachmarhi – See beautiful Sunrises
- Varkala – Enjoy beautiful beaches
Long weekends in November 2020
In the month of November, many Hindu festivals are celebrated in a row. You can plan a long weekend 2 times in a month.
Long Holiday Travel Trip 1:
Unfortunately, Diwali this year is on a Saturday (Weekend).
Still you can plan a long weekend festive season travel trip in November. Bhai Dooj (optional holiday) falls on Monday, 16 November 2020. Take off on Friday and combine with weekend to plan a trip to enjoy Diwali in India with family and friends.
- Friday, 13 November 2020 – Dhanteras (Take Off)
- Saturday, 14 November 2020 – Diwali (Holiday)
- Sunday, 15 November 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 16 November 2020 – Bhai Dooj (Optional Holiday)
Long Holiday Travel Trip 1:
November 30 is Guru Nayak Jayanti i.e. on Monday is an optional holiday in some part of Indian state. Combine with Weekend (Saturday and Sunday) to plan a short weekend trip to hill station.
- Saturday, 28 November 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 29 November 2020 – Weekend
- Monday, 30 November – Guru Nanak Jayanti (Optional Holiday)
Where to go in November Long Holiday in India?
- Agra – Visit to see Taj Mahal
- Jaisalmer – See National Heritages, fort and museums
- Amritsar – Diwali celebrations at Golden Temple (14 November 2020)
- Varanasi – Diwali fireworks
- Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh – Spotting Tigers
- Jaisalmer – Desert Safari
- West Bengal -Beautiful sunsets and beaches
Long weekends in December 2020
In Festive season, you can enjoy a long weekend twice a month to have fun on Christmas and New year in Style!!
Festive season Long Weekend Plan 1:
December 25, Christmas Day falls on a Friday followed by weekend. Take off on Thursday, 24 December 2020 and plan four days long festive season weekend to enjoy Christmas with friends and family.
- Thursday, 24 December 2020 – Take Off
- Friday, 25 December 2020 – Christmas (Holiday)
- Saturday, 26 December 2020 – Weekend
- Sunday, 27 December 2020 – Weekend
Festive season Long Weekend Plan 2:
Are you ready to welcome New Year 2021 with a Style? Plan a travel trip to party place to enjoy every moment.
New Year January 1, 2021, falls on a Friday. You can combine Saturday and Sunday, and take off on Thursday, 31 December 2020 to make it a great weekend getaway for an ultimate New Year’s Eve.
- Thursday, 31 January 2020 – Take the day off
- Friday, 1 January 2021 – New Year (Holiday)
- Saturday, 2 December 2021 – Weekend
- Sunday, 3 December 2021 – Weekend
Where to go in December Long Holiday in India?
- Goa – Christmas festivities and New Year Celebration
- Daman & Diu – Experiencing Portuguese traditions
- Kerala – Christmas decorated houseboats
- Thailand – Enjoy New Year Party