“I believe that the very purpose of life is to seek happiness……” –The XIV Dalai Lama
The above quote is very appropriate for living a happy life. As we all are seeking for happiness. Happy people exhibit a certain quality of openness, a willingness to reach out to people and help them with full heart, and create a good will and positive energy around the surroundings. Our days are numbered. At this very moment, some reach out to century and some cease out their life to some days, weeks, months or few year . Lucky ones spend 23,725 days (Age:65 years avg) in their life seeking for one central and most important question, which remains unanswered for ages and often complicated i.e What is the purpose of life? What makes our life meaningful?
Western thinkers believe, unhappy people are those who are self-focussed and often withdrawn from social life, brooding and even preferentially antagonising others.
Also Read: SELF-LOVE: The Another Way of Divine Love
In contrast, happy are social, flexible, creative and tolerate any daily deeds may it be positive or negative outbursts. And mostly are of loving and forgiving nature. Suppose for instance, stuck in traffic and overtaking is most common. If we are in good mood, give that vehicle pace and ask to go forth without speeding yours. And, if we are miserable then we would simply speed up the vehicle and close the path as usual. So, sometimes to be out of the zone which we usually dwell upon, can bring happiness in a simple life for which we don’t need a bank balance, or any wealth. It only the sake of values, the idea to remain happy can be in small package of deeds in daily life as well.
Also Read: 11 Inspirational Love Quotes and Sayings
5 Simpler steps towards a mindfulness happy everyday
- Stay Healthy – The DEMS: Drink, Exercise, Meditate & Sleep
- Day routine – The Rule Book: Write down task, Prioritize work accordingly, Self- evaluation
- Learn – Study and Upgrade
- Focus- Paying gratitude
- Productive- Kicking out negative vibes and simultaneously fill with positive attitude
And, once we learn, follow such and focus for happiness that will offer not only to oneself but also to the individual’s family and society at large.
Also Read: Its OK: Let It Come, Let Them Go
Best Happiness Quotes of All Time
- “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.” —William James
- “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”—Beyoncé
- “The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it.” —Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” —Helen Keller
- “Beauty is everywhere. You only have to look to see it.” —Bob Ross
- “Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.” —Mother Theresa
- “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to swim.” —Jon Kabat Zinn
- “Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Life is the dancer and you are the dance.” —Eckhart Tolle
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” —The Dalai Lama
- “Every day is a new day.” —Carrie Underwood
- “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on.” —Julia Alvarez
- “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” —Omar Khayyam
- “No medicine cures what happiness cannot.” —Gabriel García Márquez
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” —George Sand
- “If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” —Maya Angelou
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” —Mahatma Gandhi
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy. It’s all that matters.” —Audrey Hepburn
Happiness is a art and a conscious choice not an automatic response.