World Malaria Day: Healthy lifestyle can make your body immune to fight against the various deadly disease. According to CDC data, around 50 million people get affected by parasites and 40,000 to 100,000 people die globally due to them. People get infected with the parasite either by contaminated water and food or by getting in contact with the person infected by it. One of the deadly diseases caused by parasite is malaria. Malaria is an Infectious disease most commonly spread by an infected female Anopheles mosquito.
On 25th April, World Malaria Day is celebrated across the globe with an aim to spread awareness about the preventive measures and its treatment among people.
Symptoms of Malaria:
The Symptoms of Malaria is usually begun in ten to fifteen days after being bitten by an infected mosquito.
- High fever
- Muscle pain
- Chest pain
Treatment of Malaria
Malaria is treated with antimalarial medications like chloroquine, quinidine or quinine. A person suffering from malaria should consult your doctor before taking any medicine. It depends on the type and severity of the disease.
In critical cases, malaria leads to problems like anaemia, organ failure, low blood sugar levels and breathing problems. Therefore, it is better to take precaution to avoid this disease rather than being infected by the parasite and looking for its treatment.
Vaccines against malaria
RTS, S/AS01 (RTS, S) is the first and, to date, the only vaccine to show partial protection against malaria in young children. It acts against P. falciparum, the most deadly malaria parasite globally and the most prevalent in Africa. Among children who received 4 doses in large-scale clinical trials, the vaccine prevented approximately 4 in 10 cases of malaria over a 4-year period.
Precaution from Malaria
To protect yourself from malaria, you can sleep under Insecticide-treated mosquito nets, over your body by wearing full-sleeves clothes, Indoor spraying with residual insecticides and apply mosquito repellents lotion on your skin.
Apart from the medical ways. Adopting a healthy lifestyle and eating the right foods. Some parasite killing foods help you to manage the symptoms of malaria and get rid of malarial parasite effectively in natural ways.
List of Food Help to Get Rid of Malarial Parasite Naturally
- Sunflower seeds: Seeds helps in preventing the growth of the parasite in the host system.
- Pineapple: Bromelain presence in pineapple can kill parasite causing malaria and also help in restoring your health.
- Wormwood: Wormwood with its anti-parasitic properties can effectively flush parasites causing malaria out of a person body.
- Papaya seeds: Seeds contain Antihelminthic and anti-amoebic properties that can kill the parasites in the host’s body effectively.
- Oregano Oil: It is known for its antibacterial and anti-parasitic effects.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can probably stop the growth of parasites and help you get rid of the parasites soon.
- Coconut oil: With its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties it helps you to get rid of the parasite causing malaria.
- Yoghurt: Yogurt improves a person gut health as it is a probiotic food. It kills the parasites causing imbalanced gut health and vomiting (symptoms of Malaria) in a person
- Garlic and onion: It boosts your immune system due to its anti-parasitic effects and thus kills the microbes, present in the body.
- Clove Oil: It can easily and effectively kill the parasites and other types of microorganisms that attack our body.
Note: You should consult your doctor.