There is perhaps not much time in your life to think about what is happening next weekend. But thinking about your diabetes and taking some steps to avoid problems might make things easier. Diabetes scares people and Of course, some fears of diabetes are justified. But fear is stressful, and stress is not at all good for diabetes. Fear adds to the insulin resistance and blood pressure and hampers the body’s natural healing systems. So you need to overcome the fear and try to follow precautions and stay fit.
Diabetes is actually a group of metabolic diseases that cause high blood sugar level. It may happen due to insufficient production of insulin by the pancreas or if the cells do not respond to the insulin produced in the body.
Also Read: Papaya Health Benefits
Table of Contents
There are three types of diabetes –
Type-1 is where the body is not capable to produce insulin, only about 10 percent of all diabetic cases are type 1.
Type-2 is a condition in which the cells in the body fail to respond to the insulin produced and about 90% of all cases of diabetes worldwide are of this type.
The last one is gestational diabetes which affects females during pregnancy.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Cloves
Symptoms that Indicate Diabetes
We should always take care of the symptoms that may indicate diabetes. This will keep us aware about the disease and also save us from the worst effects to happen later:
Frequent urination which is also known as Polyuria is one of the most common symptoms. Kidneys at this time are not able to absorb and filter the excess sugar in the blood. Therefore, it is excreted through urine by absorbing fluids from your tissues and also the urine may release a sweet odour.
Also Read: Immunity Booster Foods
Polydipsia in which you will feel excessively thirsty. Even after drinking water you will feel a dry mouth. This happens because of the absorption of fluids from the tissues and frequent urination dehydrates your body and increases the thirst.
Belly fat is another important and common determinant of diabetes. If your waistline is more than 32 inches then you definitely need to get your blood sugar levels checked regularly.
Even after eating you are still hungry, this is known as Polyphagia and a symptom of Diabetes.
Darkening of the skin and black spots on the neck.
A regular feeling of tiredness and weakness.
Sudden weight loss
A flow of excess sugar also requires fluids to be pulled from tissues in the eye which can have an effect on your vision.
If you have any of these symptoms please do visit a doctor and if the results are positive dint panic because there are medicines to keep the sugar level normal. And if you think you cannot intake too many medicines.
Also Read: Nutrition Guidelines For Healthy Diet
Six Natural Remedies For Tackling High Blood Sugar Levels
- Before you start your day drink about one teaspoon of fenugreek powder (methi dana) with lukewarm water early morning.
- Make a mixture of fenugreek powder, neem powder, jamun seed powder and karela powder, all in equal quantities. Drink about 1 teaspoon of this mix every day, half an hour before lunch and dinner with water.
- Soak 8-10 flowers of paneer doda (Withania Coagulans Dunal), which is easily available in any ayurvedic shop, in a glass of water overnight. Filter the water and have it every day in the morning.
- Mix two teaspoons of amla juice with a pinch turmeric powder and drink early morning daily.
- Mix 1/2 bitter gourd, 1/2 cucumber, 2 celery stalk and 1/2 green apple and make a glass of juice and drink it once in a day.
- Take one teaspoon of powdered Gurmar leaves (gymnemasylvestrae) along with water, half an hour after lunch and dinner. Gurmar leaves are also available in any ayurvedic shop.
Share your views in the comment box.
Stay Healthy, Stay Fit !
Also Read: Healthy Benefits of Ginger