During winter our skin needs extra care as the extreme temperatures, harsh wind, winter sun, centrally-heated homes, and workplaces create a lot of skin problems. Dry skin is a common complaint and so there are many lotions and moisturizers to combat dry skin. But most of them come with a big price tag; on the other hand, natural home remedies are not only cheap but also quite effective in nourishing and hydrating dry skin. We know a lot about milk and cream but there are many other ways.
Also Read: Overcome The Fear of Diabetes
Dry Skin Natural Home Remedies
- Bananas: This is the best tried and tested remedy to treat dry skin. Take a ripe banana and mash it properly and create a smooth pack. Apply it as a mask on your face and keep it for 15 min and rise with water to remove the dryness. Bananas act as a moisturizer, which makes your skin shine with silky smoothness.
- Vinegar: This cure is very useful for dry hands. First, you need to wash your hands thoroughly and dry them. After your hands are properly dried apply some vinegar and leave it overnight. You will get the results with soft and smooth skin.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a superb skin-hydrating agent, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that help calm dry and itchy skin. Take some curd in a bowl and mix it with a teaspoon of honey along with some lemon juice. Apply this on your skin leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it, the mix nicely nourishes the skin leaving it soft and shiny.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is an excellent moisturizer and it also keeps the skin free from infections due to its healing properties. You can grow the plant very easily in your home without even spending a lot of time after it, as you just need to water it each day. The aloe vera leafs have a jelly substance which you need to freshly apply on your face and wash in few minutes giving your skin a natural glow.
- Papaya: Papaya is one of the most useful home remedies for the treatment of dry skin as it also helps to get rid of the scars. Take a slice of papaya, 1 banana, and 1 avocado and make a fruity mask. Apply it on your face and let it remain for about 15 minutes, then wash and get glowing skin.
- Lemon: lemon helps us almost in everything – food, beauty and what not. Here it stands tall and helps to cure dry skin. Take a teaspoon of fresh milk cream and mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and some lemon juice. Apply the mask on the face and let it remain for about 15 minutes. Then, massage it for 5 minutes and rinse it off with water. This will leave your skin soft and glowing.
- Almond Oil: Eating almonds every day is good for health and in the same way is Almond oil is an excellent skin-softener. It is an excellent source of Vitamin E, which is an important nutrient for skin care. You can simply apply it over your face if you have extra dry facial skin and use it as a moisturiser. Massage it for about 5 minutes and wash to take off the extra oil for soft skin.
- Oatmeal: The oatmeal health benefits are well-known but it also functions as protects the skin. It works as a natural skin exfoliator that helps get rid of dead cells and adds a natural glow to your skin. To form a paste – add some baking soda, vanilla extract and oatmeal and mix well. Mix this paste in a tub of lukewarm water or in a bucket. Soak in this water and this will definitely help you rid of the dry skin.
- Egg: Egg is a conditioning agent that makes your face soft and shiny. Mix 1 egg with a teaspoon of honey with ½ teaspoon of olive oil, and add little rosewater to make a paste. Put this mixture on your face for a few minutes and wash thoroughly for best results.
- Honey: Honey which contains properties best for dry skin. It is rich in antioxidants, which controls damage or death skin cells. Take some honey and rub all over your face and body and sit for 10 minutes. Take a shower and you will come out with a soft glowing skin.
Thank you !!!